TRINITY BEACH COMMUNITY GUIDE
COMMUNITY SERVICES – TRINITY BEACH – CAIRNS NORTHERN BEACHES
Welcome to Trinity Beach, a beautiful coastal community located in Far North Queensland, Australia. This community information guide has been created to help you discover and enjoy all that Trinity Beach has to offer.
Location: Trinity Beach is situated approximately 20km north of Cairns, along the Captain Cook Highway. It is nestled between the Coral Sea to the east and the rainforest-covered hills to the west.
Climate: Trinity Beach enjoys a tropical climate with warm temperatures all year round. The wet season runs from November to May, with the dry season from June to October. Average temperatures range from 23°C to 31°C.
Population: As of the 2016 Census, Trinity Beach had a population of approximately 4,500 residents.
Services: Trinity Beach offers a range of services to its residents and visitors, including:
- Shopping: There are several shops and supermarkets located in the Trinity Beach Shopping Centre, including Coles, a pharmacy, and a variety of specialty stores.
- Medical: Trinity Beach Medical Centre is located in the Trinity Beach Shopping Centre, offering general medical services to the community.
- Education: Trinity Beach State School offers education for students from prep to year 6. There are also several childcare centres in the area.
- Transport: There is a regular bus service running between Trinity Beach and Cairns, as well as a local taxi service.
Attractions and Activities: Trinity Beach is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike, thanks to its stunning natural beauty and range of activities. Here are some of the top attractions and activities in the area:
- Trinity Beach: With its crystal-clear waters and white sandy beaches, Trinity Beach is the perfect spot to relax and soak up the sun. This is a patrolled beach offering year-round swimming with stinger nets from November to May
- Great Barrier Reef: Trinity Beach is the perfect gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, one of the world’s most iconic natural wonders. You can take a boat tour or snorkeling trip from Cairns to explore the reef.
- Kuranda Scenic Railway: Take a scenic train ride through the rainforest to the picturesque village of Kuranda. Along the way, you’ll see stunning waterfalls and tropical vegetation.
- Rainforests: Trinity Beach is surrounded by lush rainforests, including the Daintree Rainforest, which is home to an incredible array of flora and fauna.
- Water sports: Trinity Beach offers a range of water sports, including paddleboarding, kayaking, and windsurfing.
- Dining: Trinity Beach has a variety of restaurants and cafes offering delicious local cuisine, including fresh seafood and tropical fruits.
Community Events: Trinity Beach is a close-knit community, and there are several events held throughout the year to bring residents together. Some of the most popular events include:
- Trinity Beach Markets: Held on the first and third Sunday of every month, the Trinity Beach Markets offer a range of locally made crafts and delicious food.
- Carols by Candlelight: Held in December, this event sees the community come together to sing Christmas carols and enjoy a festive atmosphere.
- Australia Day: Celebrate Australia Day with a range of events and activities, including a beach cricket tournament and a barbecue.
Closest Banks & ATMs:
- Rediteller At the Tavern and Food Market Trinity Beach Road
- CBA Clifton Beach Shopping Village
- ANZ, NAB Smithfield Shopping Centre
- Shop 6/1 Rabaul St, Trinity Beach, 4879
- (07) 4055 6171
- Rusty’s Market Cairns – Between Sheridan and Grafton Streets – every Friday to Sunday for tropical fruit and vegetables
- Night Markets – Between the Cairns Esplanade and Abbott Street – every evening
- Smithfield Shopping Centre – 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month
- Port Douglas – End of Macrossan Street – every Sunday
- Trinity Beach Primary School, Wewak Street, Trinity Beach
ph. (07) 4057 1444
- Smithfield State High School, O’Brien Road, Trinity Park
ph. (07) 4058 4333
- St Peter’s Anglican Church, Poolwood Road, Kewarra Beac
h ph. (07) 4055 6885
- Holy Cross, Reed Road, Trinity Park
ph. (07) 4057 6055
- Other denominations available at request from your accommodation
- Trinity Beach Police – ph. (07) 4055 6473
- Smithfield Police – ph. (07) 4057 1900
- Smithfield Fire Station – ph. (07) 4038 2844
We hope this community information guide has helped you discover all that Trinity Beach has to offer. Whether you’re a resident or a visitor, we know you’ll love this beautiful coastal community.